For now here is a very basic low down on the Polish phrases you are most likely to hear or use whilst in the Tatras.
– pronounced cheshch – an informal greeting for Hi and Bye. This is the single most popular work in the mountains. You should give this greeting to your friends or people of your own approximate age.
– pronounced jen dobreh – good day (formal greeting used for people older than yourself or if you are being very polite.)
– pronounced jenkooyeh – thank you.
– pronounced prshehprasham – excuse me or sorry.
JAK SIE MASZ?
– pronounced yak sheh mash? – How are you?
– pronounced dobzheh – (tongue against teeth makes English Z. polish Z put your tongue to roof of mouth a little pouting of the lips.)